Insightly is customer relationship management (CRM) software that integrates sales automation with project management in a single platform. It also offers tools for lead routing, workflow automation, and relationship linking. It is best for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a platform for managing both sales and post-sales workflows.
Who Insightly Is Good For
- Small businesses looking for a centralized contact and pipeline database: Insightly offers a built-in project management system, making it an excellent choice for businesses that want to unify their contact records through both the sales and post-sales processes. In fact, it is included in our list of the best CRMs for small businesses .
- Startups and small teams that want to simplify complex workflows: Insightly provides a solid set of workflow and task automation tools that help your sales reps focus on selling instead of spending time and effort on repetitive tasks. For this reason, it is one of our recommended CRM systems for startups .
- Real estate agents seeking a free lead management tool: Insightly has tools for finding and managing leads efficiently. Aside from that, it offers a mobile app that lets you nurture your relationship with buyers and sellers even when youre out of the office. It is one of our top picks for the best free real estate CRM .
Who Insightly Is Not a Good Fit For
- Companies looking for a robust free CRM: While Insightly offers a free plan, it has strict limits on the number of users, records, and daily email sends. If you are looking for a free alternative with robust features, check out our top picks for the best free CRM software .
- Businesses that want to integrate social media with their sales processes: Insightly, unfortunately, does not offer social media integration. If social media is crucial for your selling processes, take a look at our list of the top social CRM platforms .
- Companies that rebrand and resell CRMs: Insightly is missing a partnership program, so its not a good fit for rebranding and bundling with other solutions. If you are looking for a solution you can customize and resell, we have compiled a list of the best white label CRMs for you to choose from.
|Highly customizable sales workflows||In-app dialer costs extra|
|Extensive third-party software integration||Free plan is limited to two users|
|Real-time data synchronization with mobile app||Workflow automation is only available in the more expensive plans|
|Integrated project and milestone tracker||Phone support requires additional free|
|Intuitive contact and pipeline management interface||Limited report customizations|
Insightlys pricing scheme includes a free plan for up to two users and four paid tiers that support an unlimited number of users. Monthly fees range from $29 to $99 per user, per month, billed annually. The free tier offers basic features for contact, sales, and project management. It also has a built-in intelligence platform, mobile apps, and email-based support. You can sign up for a 14-day free trial for the Professional plan.
|Best For||Freelancers and individual users||Small sales teams||Mid-sized businesses||Large companies and enterprises|
|Monthly Pricing ($/User/Month)||$0||$35/user/month||$59/user/month||$129/user/month|
|Annual Pricing ($/User/Month)||$0||$29/user/month||$49/user/month||$99/user/month|
|Max. Number of Users||2||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Daily Mass Emails||10||2,500||5,000||10,000|
|Customer Support||Help center||Help center, email||Help center, email||Help center, email|
|Contact, Lead, Sales, and Project Management|
|Products, Price Books, and Quotes|
*A record is any contact, lead, opportunity, or project you save in the CRM.
- Insightly Voice (built-in phone dialer): $35 per user, per month, billed annually (exclusive for Professional and Enterprise subscribers only)
- CRM Support and Service: Starts a $1,500 per year (available only to users who commit to an annual subscription)
Click on the drop-down menu below for more information on Insightlys CRM plans:
The Free plan offers basic CRM capabilities for managing contacts, leads, opportunities, and projects. It also provides standard dashboards and custom reports, but it has lower limits on the number of records, email templates, daily mass emails, and file storage. In addition, you can access these CRM functions via its mobile app.
Starting with the Plus tier, you can add an unlimited number of users and enjoy higher limits on records and file storage. In addition to the features available in the Free plan, you also get access to smart alerts, email scheduling, custom branding, business card scanning, and calendar syncing capabilities.
With the Professional tier, you unlock several advanced features, such as custom CRM dashboards , lead assignment rules, customizable business intelligence dashboards, workflow automation, and unlimited email templates . You also have the option to add an integrated phone dialer for $35 per user, per month. Moreover, this tier allows you to set an unlimited number of roles and permissions for different users.
The Enterprise plan offers unlimited records, file storage, and customizable business intelligence dashboards. You can also send quotes to your customers within the CRM. Aside from that, it allows administrators to build custom CRM apps for each team in your company and deploy them on both web and mobile platforms.
Insightly offers four plans with lead generation and management, contact and sales activity management, collaboration, and project delivery features. It automates sales processes to allow your reps to sell more productively and spend less time on repetitive tasks. Below are the most essential features of Insightly:
Insightlys essential features include contact and lead management , mass emailing, sales and opportunity management, project management, reports , and dashboards. While every plan comes with these functionalities, each tier has varying levels of capabilities and customization options.
- Contact and organization management
- Task and event management
- Lead management, assignment, and routing
- Opportunity management
- Customizable sales processes
- Mass emailing
- Email templates
- Visualize leads with Kanban board
- Web-to-lead capture
- Automatic social profile enrichment
Contacts list panel
(Source: Insightly )
Insightly lets you manage and track leads, qualify prospects, and automatically assign incoming leads to the right reps based on your criteria. It also enables you to send, schedule, and track both custom and templated emails to lists of targeted leads or customers. Plus, it allows you to capture new leads from web pages. Its contact management feature comes with relationship linking capabilities that help you map out and understand complex customer relationships.
This platform helps you manage sales opportunities more efficiently by providing you with a system for tracking all the pipeline stages and custom fields under each deal. You can also assign templated task and event activities to leads, opportunities, projects, and organizations.
- Track projects, milestones, and correspondence
- Schedule and assign tasks associated with projects
- Calendar synchronization
- Configurable project processes
- Convert won opportunities to projects
Project activity panel
(Source: Insightly )
- Workflow automation
- Products, price books, and quotes (PPQ)
- Custom validation rules
- Roles and permissions
- Deploy custom apps on any platform
- Configurable webhooks
(Source: Insightly )
Users can streamline sales and business processes using Insightlys automation feature. This allows you to build automated workflows , tasks, emails, and reports to reduce manual labor. You can also set roles and permissions for data access of different users. Higher-tier subscribers can create and send pricing quotes and proposals directly within the CRM.
- Click-to-call from leads or contacts
- Call logging
- Automatic call analysis and reporting
- Prerecorded voicemail messages
- Wait greeting and hold greeting
- Incoming call forwarding
- Preloaded call lists
- Call recording
- Manager call listen-in function
- Call routing
(Source: Insightly )
Insightly Voice is an integrated phone dialer that allows you to call leads and contacts with a single click from within the CRM . You can configure it to automatically log and record each call. You can also track the frequency and duration of calls, as well as generate reports based on call logs. This feature is an add-on that is available only for Professional and Enterprise subscribers.
Business Intelligence Platform
- Built-in business intelligence dashboards
- Customizable and shareable real-time insight cards
- Configurable reports
- Customized report scheduling and emailing
(Source: Insightly )
The business intelligence platform offers over 40 different kinds of chart types and drag-and-drop layouts you can use to build data visualizations. You can also customize dashboards with real-time data and share it with your co-workers. Lastly, Insightly allows you to schedule reports to run at a specified time and have them automatically sent to your intended recipients.
- Android and iOS mobile apps
- Real-time mobile data synchronization
- Mobile business card scanning
- Mobile contact and calendar integration
- Mobile voice notes
Opportunities dashboard and records displayed on the Insightly mobile app
(Source: Insightly )
Insightly allows you to manage your customer relationships anywhere using its Android and iOS apps. It syncs your data, contacts, and calendar with your CRM account in real time. Its mobile business card scanning feature allows you to take photos of business cards using your mobile device and automatically convert the details into contacts or leads. The mobile app also lets you record audio notes into your CRM using your mobile phones mic.
- 250+ integrations with business apps
- Published web services API
- Calendar sync
- Contact sync
- Gmail integration
- Outlook integration
- Cloud file storage integration
Available integrations from Insightlys app library
(Source: Insightly )
Expand Insightlys core functionalities by integrating your CRM with collaboration and productivity tools you frequently use, such as Google Workspace , Outlook , and Slack . You can connect Insightly with more than 250 business software from its app library or integrate with other apps using application programming interface (API) access at no additional cost.
Insightlys customer service starts with access to the Help Center for Free account subscribers. Upgrading to a paid plan gives you access to email support. CRM Support and Service Plans, which start at $1,500 per year (or 10% of the annual subscription fee), are available for those who commit to an annual subscription. These plans give you access to phone support (4 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time), and each tier has varying response times and support quality.
|CRM Support & Service Plans||Premium||Ultimate||Admin|
|Starting Price ($/Year)||$1,500 or 10% of annual subscription||$3,000 or 15% of annual subscription||$10,000 or 30% of annual subscription|
|Email Support||<6-hour response time||<1-hour response time||<1-hour response time|
|Training||Admin only||All users||All users|
|Customer Success Manager||Senior manager||Senior manager|
|Online Community Access|
|Quarterly CEO Webinars and Onboarding Program|
|Advanced Feature Workshops|
|Zapier Integration Support|
The Premium tier promises a response to email requests for support in less than six hours. It also includes training for administrators, semi-annual account reviews, quarterly CEO webinars, and an onboarding program. If you want priority support, you can upgrade to either the Ultimate or Admin plan, which promises a response for support in less than an hour. It also comes with training for all users, quarterly account reviews, and advanced feature workshops.
Once you subscribe to the Admin plan, the Insightly Admin team assigned to your company will help you manage your daily administrative tasks. These include adding and removing users, creating reports, and account configurations.
Ease of Use
Insightlys most recent version features an intuitive interface with a neat and organized appearance. While it has a short learning curve, it does not require a lot of technical skill to get acquainted with its navigation and controls. All the tabs and dashboards are labeled properly, and menu options are easy to spot. Those who need advanced support and guidance can avail of its add-on support plans and onboarding program.
If youre not sure if Insightly is the right fit for your business needs, below are some alternatives that you can consider:
|Best For||Small businesses looking for a CRM with lead management and integration capabilities||Organizations that need a CRM with social media marketing tools||Business-to-business (B2B) companies with simple sales models that focus on direct selling|
|Starting Price||Free or $18 per user, per month||Free or $14 per user, per month||$12.50 per user, per month|
|Reviews||Freshsales Review||Zoho CRM Review||Pipedrive Review|
You can also check out our guide to the top six CRMs for small businesses to see more options.
What Users Think of Insightly
Most of Insightlys users are satisfied with its ease of use, intuitive interface, customization options, and extensive third-party integrations. They particularly like how its workflow automation and project management features have made their sales team more efficient. However, some Insightly reviews noted the limited customer support available in the lower tiers and the added cost required to have a shorter response time to their request for support.
As of this writing, it has earned the following scores from the most popular review sites:
- Gartner: 4.4 out of 5 based on 650 reviews
- G2: 4.1 out of 5 based on 592 reviews
- Capterra: 3.9 out of 5 based on 496 reviews
Insightlys CRM software offers robust contact and lead management features and has integrated project management capabilities. The combination of these features helps nurture business relationships with leads and customers. Aside from that, it has a user-friendly interface and extensive third-party integration options. However, access to an in-app dialer and advanced customer support entail additional costs for Insightly users.
Is Insightly any good
Insightly is a great CRM software that allows to effectively manage all customer and help improve customer engagement and help target the different set of customers through a different strategy and allows to deal with customer accordingly.
What is Insightly good for
Insightly CRM is a good customer relationship management solution, especially for startups and small businesses . It’s a very user-friendly CRM software that has a great look and feel. Insightly offers the right amount of CRM tools along with features for marketing automation, project management and customer support.
Is Insightly easy to use
Insightly is an easy-to-use customer relationship management (CRM) system that’s squarely focused on small to midsize businesses (SMBs). The software’s interface isn’t hard to pick up, and, more importantly, getting data into the system isn’t overly convoluted.
Is Insightly a good company to work for
Is Insightly a good company to work for? Insightly has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5 , based on over 80 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Insightly to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.